🔄 Automated updates¶
DrevOps uses Renovate for automated dependency updates.
The configuration is stored in
renovate.json. It is
based on Renovate configuration for automated Drupal dependency updates
- Dual schedules for Drupal package updates:
- Daily update schedule for critical Drupal core and related packages created in
- Weekly update schedule for all other packages created in
- Daily update schedule for critical Drupal core and related packages created in the
- Docker image updates in
docker-compose.ymlfiles in the
- GitHub Actions updates in the
- Automatically adds a
dependencieslabel to a pull request.
- Automatically adds assignees to a pull request.
- Configuration for running Renovate self-hosted instance using CircleCI.
Self-hosted vs GitHub app¶
Renovate can run as a hosted GitHub app or as a standalone self-hosted service in CircleCI.
A self-hosted service can be beneficial when your project is restricted in terms of third-party access.